Exercise Calorie Converter
You can use our Exercise Calorie Converter to look up the calorie and fat content of specific menu items from dozens of franchise restaurants and hundreds of other food items. As of February 2017, the database contains over 5000 foods and beverages, including more than 400 beers!
Sure, lots of web sites offer that information. But we tell you what you really need to know: how many minutes of exercise are needed to burn off those calories!
Here's how it works:
- Step 1: enter your weight (lbs or kg)
- Step 2: select a menu list
- Step 3: click the check-boxes to select food items
Each time you select a food item, the Calorie Converter will recalculate your specific exercise values.
Yes, we realize these values may surprise you, but that's the point...do you really need all that whipped cream on your latte, or, the extra large order of fries?
Making smart food choices may be the key to preventing weight gain. Three separate research studies confirm that people do make better food and beverage selections when calorie amounts are presented as "exercise equivalents:"
• Johns Hopkins Study: Bleich SN, et al. Am J Pub Health February 2012.
• U. North Carolina Study: Dowray S, et al. Appetite March 2013.
• Texas Christian Study: James A, et al. Am J Health Promotion, Feb. 2014.
In February 2017, we released Version 3.0 of our mobile app based on this tool! (For more details, click on the MOBILE APPS link.)